Summer has finally arrived! We’ve picked out 10 vegan recipes to see you through the heatwave.
A long overdue heatwave has seen temperatures reach upwards of 30°C this week, with more hot and sunny weather forecasted for this weekend. So what better way to celebrate (and navigate your way through the inevitable surge in ice cream vans and barbecues) than with some delicious, refreshing vegan recipes?
- Golden Milk Ice Cream by Minimalist Baker
Minimalist Baker’s no-churn ice cream is the colour of sunshine and flavoured with anti-inflammatory spices. Recipe here.
2. Lavender Coconut Ice Cream by In Sonnet’s Kitchen
Why settle for vanilla when you can capture the soothing scent of Provençal lavender fields in a bowl? Recipe here.
3. Tomato and Watermelon Gazpacho with Pistachios and Basil Oil by Love and Olive Oil
The perfect dish for a light lunch al fresco. Recipe here.
4. Chilled Avocado Gazpacho with Savoury Granola by Clean Food Dirty City
A creamy and cleansing twist on the Spanish classic. Recipe here.
5. Lemony Summer Harvest Falafel by Well and Full
Who needs burgers when you’ve got falafel? Just the thing for barbecues and picnics. Recipe here.
6. Lemon and Rosemary Ice Lollies by Miller Green
Speaking of fragrant herbs and zesty citrus, have you tried our 4-ingredient lemon and rosemary ice lollies yet? Recipe here.
7. Avocado Dill Potato Salad by Edible Perspective
Make the most of potato season with this veganised (and in our opinion, much more sophisticated) version of a British summer staple. Recipe here.
8. Sweetheart Cabbage Slaw by Jamie Oliver
A zingy passion fruit dressing upgrades the humble slaw. This one improves after a couple of days in the fridge, so it’s an ideal lunchbox option to make ahead and see you through the working week. Recipe here.
9. Rhubarb and Strawberry Lemonade by Green Kitchen Stories
Flavoured with lime and mint, a tall glass of this on a hot day is just what the doctor ordered. Recipe here.
10. Aperol Spritz
And speaking of lifesaving drinks…this refreshing Italian aperitivo might very well have replaced Pimm’s as the nation’s favourite summer drink. And it’s vegan. Recipe here.
If you’d rather be out enjoying the sun than holed up in the kitchen, we’ll do the cooking for you! Keep an eye on our menu for seasonal specials.